Seminar Panel Member for “Thank Goodness You’re In!” : Opening the doors on the new HR role
Opportunity as “social media” panel member for the Finlaysons / Corus client seminar. The following is a summary of topics:
- Managing Internet use, social networking, unsafe practices, cyber bullying and tracking poor behaviour
- Managing workplace safety in the face of the new National OHS scheme and an era of personal liability
- Recruitment, remuneration and reward strategies that give you an advantage in a competitive job market
- The new legal framework to manage your staff, how the Fair Work Act is operating in practice
- How flexible does a “flexible workplace” have to be?
- Termination of employment – how is this working in practice?
- A review of the legal landscape for the past 12 months and predictions for the future
My focus was “Managing Internet use, social networking, unsafe practices, cyber bullying and tracking poor behaviour from the perspective of within a corporate environment”.
Whilst there was much discussions – even evolving into the areas of 9-5 v work/life merging and what to do about the kids, main areas of encouragement for the Senior HR managers in the room were to :
- ensure your company code of conduct is up to date
- dont shy from the responsibility of training employees
- keep employees aware of proper conduct.